9.02.2010

Celeb Nutritionism


I regard most nutrition advice from celebs like financial advice from Lehman Brothers. While indulging my guilty pleasure on PerezHilton.com today, I came across this gem from the beautiful Kelly Osbourne:
"I've completely changed the way I eat since doing Dancing With The Stars. A trick I've learned is to eat just a little bit of something that has no carbs and no sugar in it before you go to sleep because it keeps your metabolism going. They say you should never eat before you go to bed, but I've found just having a tiny little snack - like half an apple or something like that - before you go to sleep really helps."
Never is a very strong word. If hungry, it's a good idea to nibble on something even if it's within an hour of going to sleep. Moreover, people with diabetes should have a bedtime snack so their medication is not going to induce hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) while they sleep. 

Also, apples are primarily made up of sugars (hence carbs). There is fiber but definitely no fat and protein. Apples and other fruits are terrific bedtime snacks, and I'm glad Ms. Osbourne is making good snack choices. But to go on record and say there are no carbs and sugar in apples? That cannot be more misleading

There is a reason why celebrities look good. Their career hinges on their appearance. If we had personal trainers and chefs and consultants for this and that plus airbrushing for every blemish, I'm sure most of us will look pretty darn faboosh, too. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!