4.16.2014

#WIAWRD 1

WIAW = What I Ate Wednesday
WIAWRD = What I Ate Wednesday Registered Dietitian

So now that we got the hip Twitter lingo out of the way, I was tagged to participate in #WIAWRD this week by Aaron Flores, a fellow RD whom I met through Dietitians for Professional Integrity. Like Aaron, I was hesitant to document and share my day's worth of food because I honor my cravings and have indulgences, just like everyone. But due to my profession, I was anxious that my colleagues and readers like you will be shocked by my imperfect food record and that I'd be seen as not walking the talk. Many seem to think I eat nothing but carrots and kale, sprinkle flax seed on everything, and have perfectly balanced intake every day. I don't mind going along with that assumption but that's not really who I am.

But here I am sharing my day's intake. It's less scary than I thought and I really enjoyed getting back to writing. Who knows how many times I've attempted to re-start my blog (4 and counting?) and ended up just going on another hiatus. I think this tag is what I need to help me resume blogging more regularly (let's hope!).

So here we go...

To start, I utterly forgot that I had to take photos for the blog until lunch time. So I have nothing to show for my breakfast except a written account of it.
[--] Mango and strawberry chia pudding yogurt with a sprinkle of cereal from Nature's Path. Here's an older post showing a similar rendition of today's breakfast. 
[--] My usual 8 oz. coffee with a splash of half and half and sugar in my trusty Zorjirushi Tuff Mug.  

Lunch:
I packed a light, portable lunch since I had to facilitate an on-site Lunch & Learn that was about 1 hour and 15 minutes drive away from my office. I had a PB and honey sandwich and 2 hard-boiled eggs but ended up only eating 1. 

The unexpected splurge was an iced latte with 1% milk from an independently owned coffee shop in Rancho Mirage called Koffi. Did I need another coffee today? No. But I wanted to satisfy the lover/supporter of well-crafted coffee in me. Plus 2 minutes after I bought this and started my drive back to Riverside, Backstreet Boys' "Quit Playing Games with My Heart" came on the radio. Oh, fellow children of the 90s, you know how exciting that is! Or maybe it's just me. Anyhow, I'm so glad I got to lip-sync to BSB while sipping on delicious coffee. 



Evening: 
I had this whole cabbage and tofu stew planned out but mental fatigue hit me like a 16-wheeler when I got home from work. So after a mindless Facebook surf session, I decided that sandwich was the way to go. 

Here is the sandwich of caramelized onion, fried egg, tomato, and avocado on Dave's Killer Bread. Paired with it was a hodge podge salad of beets, corn, radish, cilantro, spring onion, and avocado, dressed with lime juice, salt, and pepper.  The onion was left over from a lasagna I made last week and the beets were roasted when I made said lasagna. I heart you, Leftovers! 

Rounding out the meal was a honey tangerine. 

To cap off the evening, I had a piece of chocolate cake while writing this post. Did I need it? Again, no. But it was from a birthday that I attended over the weekend and like any sensible person, throwing away cake is just sinister (please detect sarcasm). So like I've discussed countless times with my patients the cycle of "bring cake home, cake sits in fridge, don't need cake but it's calling your name so you ate it," I ate a piece. But as I'm finishing up this post, my stomach is protesting the cake I just had. That means the last piece is not worth it and belongs in the trash bin.

This should be the first of many #WIAWRD posts to come. I had fun documenting my day, and I hope you've enjoyed getting a glimpse of my food diary!

Have you done a #WIAW? If so, what was your experience? 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice post, very interesting and provide ideas of meals. Looking forward other #WIAWRD posts.

Caverta Online said...

Awesome blog. I enjoyed reading your articles. This is truly a great read for me. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles. Keep up the good work.

Araceli Bethzy said...

I am here to tell you about a natural remedy that is
guaranteed to make you wonder why your doctor didn't tell
you about it. Then, on the other hand, it is pretty obvious
why your doctor didn't, because that's not his job, is
it? But, seriously, promise me you won't get too angry
with your health practitioner, it's really not their
fault. They can only practice what they're told to
practice, right?When your health is at risk there's no time for Tom
foolery, you've got to get down to the cause and nip it
in the bud. So you've been suffering from painful gout
attacks have you? Well, allow me to give you a new
perspective on the solution to what plagues you I was once in your shoe until my college friend introduce me to Dr Itua herbal center which cure my hiv/herpes after drinking it for two weeks as instructed, Dr Itua is an africa herbal doctor who has natural power to cure the following diseases: Herpes,Hiv,Hepatitis B,Fibroid,Schizophrenia,Cancer,Scoliosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva.Fatal Familial Insomnia Factor V Leiden Mutation ,Epilepsy Dupuytren's disease,Desmoplastic,Diabetes ,Coeliac disease,Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease,Cerebral Amyloid Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic.
As Dr Itua assure me that all those disease below that he guaranty 100% permanent cure to all these disease I believe Dr Itua so much because he help me cure my hiv/ herpes which has being my burden in life so I promised Dr Itua that I will testify about his work online after curing me and that is what I'm doing here so please if you are suffering from those diseases do not hesitate to write Dr Itua Herbal Center On Email: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Or chat with him on whatsapp: +2348149277967.

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!